Split Crotch Trouser (pants) Sewing Pattern for babies aged 0-30M
You can purchase this pattern via the Etsy shop:
Make your own discrete split crotch trousers for easy pottying, potty training or nappy free time with this easy to use print-at-home sewing pattern. Your download will include a print at home pattern and detailed instructions / photo-tutorial and access to video dewing demos. You just choose the fabric!
- Easy to sew – suitable for beginners – no zips, buttons or fiddly fastenings.
- Discretely covers and protects with unique overlapping design
- No-faff-no-wait pottying; respond immediately when they need to “go”
- Tailored to fit nappy free babies so they don’t fall down loose like regular trousers!
The pattern includes 5 sizes: 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-30 months, sized as follows:
0-3 waist 30-36 cm inseam 23cm
3-6 waist 32-38cm, inseam 24cm
6-12 waist 38-44cm, inseam 30cm
12-18 waist 42048cm, inseam 36cm
18-30 waist 46-55cm, inseam 40cm
The tutorial explains in detail how to use the pattern and suggested fabrics, including how to upcycle existing clothing to use as fabric. No overlocked / serger required. Your print at home pattern includes:
- Pre-measured seam allowance for easy sewing and cutting
- Detailed 12-page step by step tutorial including photographs
- 8-page full size PDF file printable pattern with numbered pages for use on either A4 and US letter (8.5 by 11 inches) size paper
- English Instructions/tutorial. Printed pattern in English
Not ready to go nappy-free? Don’t worry! You can use these trousers with a nappy back up such as a prefold/folded muslin/soaker tucked into the front and back. When your child needs to eliminate, just untuck from the front or back and you’re ready to go. You can also use this design with Little Bunny Bear’s Nappy Belt and cover pattern.
After purchase, you simply download the pattern and instructions and print on standard letter or A4 size paper.